PAPAS ITALIAN STRIP STEAK
Makes two servings
The Italian Strip
2 16 ounce boneless New York strip steaks (fresh never frozen)
Fresh olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper
1 small clove of fresh garlic (crushed)
1 table spoon of fresh red onion (finely chopped)
1. Season both sides of the steaks with the ground pepper and sea salt
2. Rub the steaks with the olive oil completely on both sides of the steaks including the sides.
3. Let the steaks rest at room temperature for at least 10-15 minutes so the salt and pepper can work into the steak.
4. While the steaks are resting …in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat put about a table spoon of olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan), the garlic, and the chopped red onion and let cook till the garlic and onion is cooked and flavored the oil (about 5 minutes but don’t let the oil burn!
5. Ok now cook the steaks until medium rare or about 3-5 minutes per side (cook until the internal temperature is 140F).
6. Transfer the steaks to a plate and let them rest for 20 minutes so the flavor and juices are retained in the meats.
7. Now slice the steaks in to 1/4″ slices and season with the sea salt before serving.